South County Roofing is very small roofing company (5-10 employees) that believes in the quality of the work we do not quantity, we hire good people not employees. We believe in doing one job at a time not as many as we can. We start jobs and do not leave them until they are done. As a company we are a group of families and friends not co-workers and customers. There is a lot about us that will set us apart and it all starts with those simple beliefs and practices. We have an active license with the CSLB since 1997 (737515) and we have been located Lake Forest, CA 92630 the whole time. It is Owned and operated by Brian Atkins who is a 2nd generation roofer and William Clayton who is an expert when it comes leak detection and roof repair. If we are called out to look at a roof issue we will provide you with one the most thorough assessments of your situation and offer solutions based on 30+ years of experience. The solutions we offer are not based on what we could do to your roof that would make the company the most money. They are based on your needs, not ours. If you have a budget in mind and a idea of how long you plan to be in the home we can tailor a work descritpion and repair budget to fit your needs and make sure your roof problems are properly addressed and warrantied.
What you should know about warranties
When it comes to the issue of warranties we are going to be really hard to beat. When you are getting your roof repaired warranties really show who has confidence in their employees and their abilities. A one year warranty is not going to do you any good and really displays a lack of experience in that area of repair. Even a sloppy and incorrectly done repair may not show the signs of the roof not being fixed properly for the first year or so. Did you know that many roofers put fine print in their contracts that limit their liability on roof repair to a certain number of call backs and / or prorations that are completly unfair to you? This allows them to do just about whatever they want and be able to get out of their obligations without ever fixing your problem and still making good money! We offer a “No Leak” warranty that is not limited to a certain number of call backs, fine print proration periods, maximum payouts, or other restrictions that are mostly bait and switch type techniques. If we cannot fix what we were paid to fix then you will be refunded the full amount and it stays that way for the life of the warranty. Our repair warranties are often as long as our competitor’s new roof warranties and our new roof warranties are longer than most companies have been in business. We are here for the consumer who wants to get exactly what they paid for which is a roof or roof repair that will last as long as it should.
Taking before, after, and job progress photos is something we have been doing since Polaroid’s were the only option and it is a standard service we have been doing for customers since I first started in roofing back in the 80's. Having before, during, and after photos of your roof repair is a huge benifit to you. Lets face it, how else are you going to know if you really got what you were promised? This service is just another technique we offer and I believe we have taken it to the next level. When it comes to photo documentation of your job you will not find a more thorough photo documentation presentation or a better way of doing it anywhere here in South Orange County. What we supply you with as far as an estimate and photo documentation is something you will not get anywhere else, period.
Brian Atkins Experience:
I was introduced to roofing by my father when I was in junior high in the 1980's. By the time I was 10 years old (1980) I knew what most general roofing materials were and had some idea of their purpose. I got my first real job in 1980 working at the Orange County Register with my brother and two of my oldest friends. One of them still works at the Register, amazing. At the age of thirteen I started working during the summer for my Fathers roofing company and continued that every summer and many weekends of my junior high and high school years. After graduating from La Quinta High School in 1988 I immediately began working full time as a journeyman roofer doing roof repair work and installing complete new roofs. My area of specialty and interests has always been on the roof repair side of the business. In 1992 I got my first license (A-1 South County Roofing) in Irvine, CA. This is where started to make my own niche in roofing by specializing in roof repair, dry rot repair, termite damage repair, and full roof restorations. In 1997 I took the CSLB testing and qualified for a license on my own and moved my roofing business location to Lake Forest, CA and that's where we have been ever since
South County Roofing History
If you have out to inspect your roof you will see what a difference it makes when you’re dealing with a contractor who is certified by every major manufacture that you will need, has the proper insurance, and has achieved all that we have makes in your bid. You can get all that and maybe even a better price and no doubt the longest and strongest residential roofing warranty you will find. Our dedication to our job and profession is 2nd to none here in South Orange County.
- Owned by Brian Atkins who began roofing full time in 1988
- First licensed with the CSLB in a partnership with father in 1992
- First Sole Proprietor Licensed with the CSLB in 1997
- Achieved Industry Expect Certification with the CSLB in 1999
- Became Certified by major manufacture (Owens Corning) in 2002
- Certified by Mull-Hide (low sloped roofing specialty manufacture) in 2003
- Became “Fully Insured” with 1-2 Million General Liability Insurance in 2003
- Awarded the Crystal Cove Historical Cottage rebuild contract (roofing of 21 cottages) 2004
- Certified at the highest level Certainteed offers in 2004
- Certified at the highest level by Elk roofing 2004
- Certified at the highest level by GAF 2004
- Service Magic Professional and Member since 2004
- All Project managers get certified by Certainteed 2005
- All Foremen get certified by Certainteen Master Installer Program 2005
- Wrote the entire www.southcountyroofing.com website 2007
- Accepted into www.allexperts.com as a roofing expert 2008
- Selected for the Best of Lake Forest Award by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA) 2008
- Given Lifetime Exemption from Certainteed for the Quality Master Program 2008
- Certified By Eagle Roofing to Install their Solar Roofing Panels 2008
- Selected for the Best of Lake Forest Award by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA) 2009
- Selected for the Best of Lake Forest Award by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA) 2010
- Selected for the Best of Lake Forest Award by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA) 2011
|State Contractors License
||Industry Expert Certification Award
||Current Workers Compensation
The above pieces of paperwork are the very basics every roofer should have.
Call us and we’ll be the last roofer you’ll ever trust with one of the most valuable assets you have, your home.